My bday and July 4th weekend

Oh man I had an unreal birthday week through July 4th then that came to a screeching halt when Zoe came down with the stomach bug two days later. More on that later, but first, my bday this year.



Huge thanks to Stefan, Libby and Shane, too! Stefan flew Libby out from Massachusetts as my "present" this year (they moved there after Rhode Island which they moved to from FL one month after we left). Libby came and spent six days with us so thanks to her for coming and to Shane for letting us borrow his wife for almost a week.

Libby and I enjoyed lunch complete with sangria on my bday when she arrived and spent the evening with the family complete with dairy free cupcakes and wine - curtesy of Stef. The next day after dropping the kids off at daycare Libby and I ventured to a Scottsdale resort where we felt luxurious! Libby treated us to massages (amazing!) so we spent the day in the spa pool before getting dressed up and heading out to dinner and live music/drinks afterwards. I got spoiled with free goodies from the resort, the spa and dinner out plus I stayed up till 11:30 - whoo. The next day I slept till I felt like getting up then we enjoyed the pool and brunch out before heading back. Another huge thanks to Stefan for watching the kiddos. We enjoyed the weekend with the family and a BBQ at the house with some local friends to cap off my bday celebrations - and a dairy free cake, too, again cutesy of my thoughtful husband. It was amazing to be with one of my best gals and to have time to catch up, uplift the soul and just be together - It felt like magic!

Thanks to everyone who also sent a gift, mailed a card, sent a text, left me a FB message and called. It made the whole time really feel so special this year - I love my people!

Stefan and I then enjoyed a whole day to ourselves on Monday which was also just amazing (we had a workout designed by him at home, then lunch out, then shopping at REI to spend some bday money, swimming then rented a movie all before 5 p.m.!). For the holiday we hung out at the house all four of us.

That all makes me smile again which I needed because two days after all that Z got sent home with the stomach bug which meant a broken work day for me the next day. We managed to get a little fun in on Saturday before Stefan and I got hit on Sunday (S faired better than me and we both did better than Z by not getting sick). Taking care of two small kids when you both aren't feeling well is HORRIBLE! We made it through the day which felt like forever and then Gavin got sick five mins after I dropped him off on Monday. He has faired the worst and is just going back to school tomorrow (Thursday). In the course of his sickness he also gifted me with getting sick in his car seat...cleaning that out of one is a first for me and I hope a last. That was also HORRIBLE!

Now that we are hoping that is behind us we can look forward to a weekend to catch up hopefully and take a breath before Stefan has two short trips then we venture to north for MI wedding #2 of 3 this year.

And, Z had her 15 month appt today. All great, now 18% in weight at 19 lb and 53% in heigh at 30.7 in. Sweet lovely girl (who also loves to antagonize her brother, oy!).













For Canada Day we sported Canada shirts, put up maple leaves and made red and white dessert (strawberry shortcake).

One of G's best local surrogate uncles. Aaron reading before bed after my Sunday bday bba.

Downward dog anyone? 

Tree pose

sparklers

excited to light our fireworks in the driveway

Mezmerized



Comments

  1. Thank you and Stefan for making me your birthday present and for being such fabulous hosts! It was a dream to be able to celebrate your birthday with you and just spend some much overdue quality time together. Wouldn't trade that week for the world! Love the pictures of Gavin and the sparklers....so cute! Glad to know everyone is feeling better finally. Love you, Underwoods!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Trimester Fun

Guest blog appearance

FL Friends Showering us with Loads of Love