LENGTH WARNING: Last post and this post are catching you up and will serve as a memory for us in the future, so we apologize they are a little long. Once we got home and settled from our European adventures we hunkered down while I fought daily fatigue, a decent amount of nausea, a few food aversions and a heightened sense of smell that often left me holding my noise and running away from its source. Our first doctor's appointment was scheduled for 8 1/2 weeks and it seemed like forever away. One huge blessing is working from home where I don't have to get ready or act "normal". Stefan and Andrew helped out with some cleaning, cooking and errands while I really took it down a notch. I normally have a hard time resting and relaxing and not accomplishing much in a day, so my July was a bit different. The first appointment was great for the most part. We got confirmation and even got an ultra sound. We could see it's little heart beating although we won...
Gavin Mark Underwood graced us with his arrival on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 7:40 a.m. weighing 6 lbs 4 oz and measuring 19 inches. He has a full head of dark hair and we are completely smitten! I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I always knew it would come with a lot of love. I always knew it would be hard to understand until I was finally in that place. But, I never understood how this love would completely consume you and be something you can't possibly explain. I am in awe and amazement and praise God for this tremendous blessing to be this little boy's Mom! Watching Stefan, (who I'll be celebrating our 6 year anniversary with tomorrow!!!) get to grow into his role as a Dad is already so beautiful. As I'm writing this I'm tearing up (hormones anyone?), plus a little guy will be hungry any minute now, so I'll have to hold off sharing the birth story and the all the updates since we have been home. I have so many requests for photos, however, that I wanted to g...
Our little man is FOUR! We celebrated by taking a long weekend to go to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. And, we may have twisted a few arms (jk not really a hard sell and we were so excited they came down!) to have Uncle Mike and Auntie Katie come down from Calgary to join us. I'll share pics from the trip and their visit in my next post. We had a great time despite some overcast and rainy weather. G woke up and declared quite excitedly it was his birthday, then noticed his decorations. He had been waiting for his bday for months! He patiently waited until everyone was awake and we had breakfast to open his presents. Then we slowly got ready and made our way out to a volcano hike. He's really into volcanoes lately so this was really fun for him. He even got a ranger hat and got to be sworn in as a junior ranger :) That evening we had dinner take out at the AirBNB we rented, then a homemade chocolate quinoa cake, and, despite what you may think based on what is...
Comments
Post a Comment