Mom & Dad Harte Visit

We were so thankful Mom and Dad could make it down for their trip despite the threat of Hurricane Isaac. We had such a great two weeks spending time together, going out for a few dinners, talking about the baby, doing a little site seeing and checking a few things off the to-do list. 

I have to say thanks again for spoiling me/us while you were here and for making the trip to spend time with us. They helped out so much around the house and it was so nice to have my family here!

Dad and Andrew left on Monday and did the road trip back in two days, so they got home Tuesday afternoon. An uneventful trip thank goodness! Mom was a worker bee and spent her last two days helping me move all the stuff from the soon-to-be nursery closet and clean some baby gear we got from a neighbor's garage sale. (We don't have basements here because we are so close to sea level so my spare bedroom closets have to do the trick, not ideal.) Plus she cleaned most of my house - all while I sat at my work desk. Seriously, those Macocha women, you can't get them to sit still! Thanks again, Mom!

I dropped Mom off this morning at the airport before work, and it is always way too hard to say goodbye, plus both of my spare bedrooms are empty again - sad! I'm glad to say, however, that as long as all is still going well I'll be flying home for Thanksgiving now! Stefan will be gone for a week over Thanksgiving, so I found a decent flight and booked a trip home Nov. 17-24. I'll be working the M-W, but who cares if I get to be home. I'm excited to see everyone in MI! 

Here are a few pictures from their visit. I'm waiting on one picture of all of us from the weekend when we went to visit Seaside, but that is on Mom's camera. I think this is also the first glimpse of my baby bump I've posted (gasp!). 

Our next appointment got scheduled for next week so stay tuned!

On the boardwalk at Pensacola Beach. First posted baby bump picture!

Pensacola Beach now has a Ferris Wheel.

Lauren and Dan stayed at a nice place on the beach while they visited over Labor Day and invited us to their hotel pool for the afternoon, complete with a lazy river! Collective "ahhhh". (Stefan, Dad, Mom, Dan).



After church last Sunday we were going out again so sported these aprons while we made lunch, and of course I picked for each of us according to our outfits. My MIL, Joanne, made the one on the left for me for Christmas last year - nice huh! The one Mom is wearing is from our cooking class in Bali that Joanne, Stefan and I took.
Mom and Daughter dinner date on her last night. We were on the water, but that picture was back lit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Trimester Fun

Guest blog appearance

FL Friends Showering us with Loads of Love