3 out of 4 flights went well, what about the 4th?

Well Gavin and I made it back home, but not uneventfully! The little man has been to MI twice, two flights each way, making four total flights. Three out of four went smooth, although it is still hard, especially since the third one and the fourth one were on my own. The fourth one, oh man! We barely made it because of a delayed first flight out of Grand Rapids. Gavin got a diaper change but Mommy didn't have time for a bathroom break or lunch in Atlanta. It is a short flight to Pensacola from Atlanta, so I can make it (so I thought!).

On the plane, after nursing while we were taxing out and about to take off, he pooped. Loudly! Oh yea, people heard. All I could say was, "bad timing!". A few minutes later he did it again and it leaked out both sides onto the travel Boppy and nursing cover. Lovely! As I'm thinking about how the heck I'm going to get him taken care of, the pilot comes on and says we are stuck on the tarmac waiting out a storm. Blessing or curse? The angels next to me in my row offered to step into the aisle so I could access my bag above and change him right there, but I forgot to get my snack out of the bag, plus I never used the bathroom because that is just hard with no one else to help.

Not long after that Gavin decided he was over tired and screamed for I think 10 minutes (which is eternity on a plane of already annoyed people!). I finally just nursed him again, only an hour later, just to get him to sleep. We eventually took off over an hour late and then he slept until we landed. He was not wanting to wake up when I had to get off the plane so he cried again. Where is my smiling Gavin when I need him?! I must have looked in shambles because a nice man behind me offered to carry my backpack off the plane for me. After we got off and I booked it to the bathroom, I realized I had pee all over my shirt, and Gavin had leaked through his onesie. He didn't leak the whole two weeks we were in MI! I was about at my breaking point, so I just went down to meet my friend, Nat, and we took care of him, got the bags and car seat, installed the seat and grabbed dinner on the way home. Thank God for her! She stayed while I got somewhat settled and helped me give Gavin a bath. Mommy got to shower once he went to bed. Whew, we made it! Now just waiting for Daddy to get home on Sunday - we miss him so much and Mommy is gonna need a break!

Okay, enough of my horror travel story. We had an awesome trip in MI and it was, as always, almost impossible to say goodbye. Check out the rest of the pics from the trip.

A little cuteness for your Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Trimester Fun

Guest blog appearance

FL Friends Showering us with Loads of Love