On Friday we had our weekly appointment. I was there for a very long time, but we got the latest ultrasound and measurements done. The baby was right on for measuring 37 weeks, and blood flow, heart rate and amniotic fluid all looked good. We took forever on the NST test again despite my best efforts to keep the little one moving throughout the morning. Eventually the baby woke up and gave an impressive reading. I was actually showing Braxton Hicks contractions on the monitor the whole time, although they were light enough I didn't feel them. 

I have finally wrapped up what I am calling the Heparin debacle. As a refresher, my doctor is putting me on this anti-coagulant for the last part of the pregnancy because it is safer for me to go into labor on Heparin rather than Lovenox if I ended up going on my own before we stopped the medication. 

Let's just say it took 11 days from when I first dropped off my prescription for me to get it because it had to go through my new insurance company's speciality pharmacy, then they sent it to me in the wrong form (vials instead of pre-loaded syringes), then I had to find the right syringes and needles to use it. Sigh. Anyway, I've finally started them and the needles are smaller than the old ones so they aren't so bad. It is just a pain to load them yourself and do it twice a day. Good news is I have less than two weeks to go!

Back to the appointment - after reviewing the plan of attack with the Heparin vials with the nurse I finally got to see the doctor. My blood pressure was decent given my pregnancy hypertension issues, 129/82 (I was a bit worked up after all the Heparin issues. Still thinking that acupuncture has something to do with it being where it is!). Dr. Schneider was over the moon excited that I'm 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced this week! This body is getting ready! This is great news because it allows us to give my body a chance to let the baby come naturally when I go off the medication. This may or may not work, but at least we get to try! Dr. S gave me a huge hug before I left, so I'd say she is pretty stoked!

I have another appointment next week to check on the progress before we get into week 38.

37 weeks - can barely make out the face (the vertical shadows are from the angle of the ultrasound wand, so it makes it hard to see.)
Everyone keeps asking how I'm doing and overall I'd say I'm okay just pretty tired. Sleep isn't the greatest most nights because of 2-3 bathroom trips and a restless mind. I'm starting to feel more low pressure and get what I call "crampy", maybe those are Braxton Hicks contractions, I'm not really sure. I have this constant congestion that I'm hoping goes away with delivery, and I'm eating kind of a lot! I am getting a bit restless and anxious about the delivery and having a newborn, but I'm trying to really enjoy watching the baby's movements and feeling it in there since it is almost done. 

Mom and Dad Harte get here next weekend, so this weekend we are wrapping up just a few more things and just enjoying being us. We are getting so EXCITED!

Thanks everyone for all the recent calls, emails, texts, FB messages. We'll continue to keep you updated.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Trimester Fun

Guest blog appearance

FL Friends Showering us with Loads of Love